As people are getting their copy of GTA V, the quest for cash/money will begin. Rockstar went out of their way to make money an integral part to the game. There are many many ways to spend money in GTA 5 and having a good supply of cash is of key importance. I hope this becomes a community powered post and that you can share some of your favorite ways to make money in Grand Theft Auto V. Considering the fact that GTA Online will allow you to show off with all your customizations, making money should be a top priority for you right from the get go.
*Spoiler Alert* Proceed with caution if you’re sensitive about spoilers. I’m sure there is something below that might be considered a “spoiler” if you’re new at the game.
Steal From Armored Cars
- As a steady and consistent robbery target, armored cars are perfect. Armored cars appear as blue dots on the map. There are a number of armored car robbing tips on our tips page here. You can get $5000 from a armored car robbery. Although there are a few ways of getting the back doors open, you can drive into the water and viola, they’ll open!
Playing the Stock Market
- When doing the assassination missions for Lester as Franklin, he will always hint about stock prices. If the hint isn’t strong enough, go onto your browser and buy a shit load of stock for the company mentioned before you start the mission. You can usually double your money or more once you sell the stock afterwards 🙂 –
- Listen for stock exchange tips on the radio to play the market
Buy Sonar Collections Dock in Paleto Cove
- Every radio active waste you collect with a submarine gets you $23k. You just hop in the sub and the Trackify app opens up showing you exactly where the waste is! All the waste is fairly close. Around a 25 second trip to each one! It’s an insanely effective way to get money. I’m going to make what I just spent on the business in ~5-10 minutes! How fun. – ItsFPJ
- The dock costs $250k and you get $23k back for each barrel. There is a total of 30 barrels so you can make something like $440k profit. – OSS1E
Make 7 Figures with Michael On First Heist
- get 1.1 million ($1,174,250) take for Michael, and $293k for Franklin on the Jewelry Store Job heist. I initially did it with the worst driver, worst gunman, and best hacker, and the worst gunman crashed and I somehow didn’t pick up his loot. Ended up with 130k for Michael 70k for Franklin and I decided to redo the mission. I want to experiment with different setups for the heist. – n1ch0la5
- Smart way (gas)
- Worst Driver
- Best Gunman
- Worst Hacker (the LifeInvader tech)
- got 1.1 million for michael in my second try as well, loud way in, 4% driver died and i picked up his bag as soon as he crashed into the wall (all thanks to franklins special ability) – suckZEN