It’s presumptuous on our part to even suggest a GTA 5 version for the lonely PC gamers out there. That said, where there’s smoke, there’s fire. In other words the amount of leaks and evidence in the past week or two is making it quite clear that a PC release is imminent. It’s just best to start considering what MIGHT be the GTA 5 system requirements so that we can start saving our pennies in case of upgrading our rig. Quite frankly I’m in the situation where an updated PC is a must. I’m okay with that. Playing GTA 5 on full quality? YES PLEASE!
To get some idea, I think it’s best to look at the most cutting edge PC games currently. Battlefield 4 comes to mind right off the top. An upcoming open world game Watch Dogs is also a good PC system requirements comparison. For now a look at the following PC game should give you a general idea of what you will need should the day come for GTA 5 PC.
Of course not everyone can afford to upgrade their PC. Minimum spec requirements? That’s not going to be a very satisfying experience. More PC gamers know this, but in case you are a newbie, keep in mind that minimum specs are hardly worthwhile. A game like GTA 5? It’s going to be worth it to meet the recommended requirements as you can crank eye candy to max without major lag and dropped framerate. When the time is right, we will start a post with suggested graphic card upgrades which are cheap, but can get the job done nicely. Stay tuned for that!
Battlefield 4 – Release Date October 29, 2013
- Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz or AMD Athlon X3 2.8GHz
- 4GB RAM
- Nvidia GeForce 8800GT or AMD Radeon HD 3870 with 512MB memory
- 30GB hard drive space
- Windows Vista SP2 32-bit
- Intel quad-core or AMD six-core CPU
- 8GB RAM
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 or AMD Radeon HD 7870 with 3GB memory
- Windows 8 64-bit
Total War: ROME II – Release Date September 2, 2013
- OS: XP/ Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8
- Processor:2 GHz Intel Dual Core processor / 2.6 GHz Intel Single Core processor
- Memory:2GB RAM
- Graphics:512 MB DirectX 9.0c compatible card (shader model 3, vertex texture fetch support).
- Hard Drive:35 GB HD space
- Additional:Screen Resolution – 1024×768
- OS:Windows 7 / Windows 8
- Processor:2nd Generation Intel Core i5 processor (or greater)
- Memory:4GB RAM
- Graphics:1024 MB DirectX 11 compatible graphics card.
- Hard Drive:35 GB HD space
- Additional:Screen Resolution – 1920×1080
Grand Theft Auto 4 – Released 2008, Specs Updated in 2010 (official requirements as listed by Rockstar)
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8Ghz, AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4Ghz
- Memory: 1.5GB
- Free Hard Drive Space: 16GB
- Video Card: 256MB NVidia 7900 / 256MB ATI X1900
- DirectX 9 compatible Stereo Sound Card
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz, AMD Phenom X3 2.1Ghz
- Memory: 2GB (Windows XP) 2.5GB (Windows Vista)
- Free Hard Drive Space: 18GB
- Video Card: 512MB NVIDIA 8600 / 512MB ATI 3870
- DirectX 9 compatible Surround Sound Card