This is going to be insane! GTA Online is getting teased even more by Rockstar as they’ve just updated their site.
It appears that the GTA community is going to have a big voice in what happens in GTA Online regarding missions, content and experience. Rockstar confirms that content updates WILL BE FREE. They say this:
“Just to be clear, all of these updates will be free.” – RockstarGames.com
Key information about GTAO:
- GTA$ is a system for you to use real cash for in-game cash
- 16 players
- an open world experience
- many different races to partake in including street races, ocean races, aerial events, and a Rally event
- win cash by competing in sport events
- customizable characters (Character Creator) and customizable cars and weapons
- a ranking system aka reputation system is earned from your GTAO experiences
GTA Online will release with the following content:
- The Content Creator: The Content Creator will launch with tools to tailor and publish your own Deathmatches & Races.
- The Beach Bum Pack: Featuring 4 new amazing beach fun vehicles, over 300 new items of incredible down tempo leisure wear and 2 new but not remotely relaxing weapons.
- Capture the Flag: GTA Online’s take on the classic CTF mode including the ability to make your own using The Content Creator.
- Heists: This update will introduce full-on cooperative Heist missions that will require careful planning, teamwork and sharp execution – along with the Heist Planning Board for your apartment.
See the official post by Rockstar.